Well, that’s it, I’m officially 30, and have been for almost a week. In fact it started at quite a pace with an early morning flight for work and a client presentation.
But you don’t care about that. Hopefully if you’re reading this it means you’re kind of interested in whether I managed to succeed at any more of those challenges. So here goes:
1. Get that tattoo!
I don’t have the tattoo yet, but the wheels are in motion to get it.
2. See your favourite actor in one of the major plays of the season in London.
Done 😀 and I plan to post a little review soon.
3. On a night out, if you spot a hot guy boldly buy him a drink.
No hot guys spotted. Although there were arguably not that many nights out to spot any hot guys.
4. Help the homeless
5. Prepare your lunch at home for a full week
5 days worth of lunch taken in to work 😀 Go me!
6. Write that first chapter...
I half did this… it needs a bit more work but if you’re interested/lucky I might share this opener sometime soon.
7. Apply for a job that sounds like a real challenge
8. Make out with a Bavarian.
Well, I ruled out making out with a Bavarian but I did attempt to have a conversation in German with the taxi driver who took me from Munich airport to my client meeting. Seeing as I’d been awake since 4am, who knows whether what I actually said made any sense, but he at least humoured me for the 30 minutes he was a captive audience.
9. Adopt a kitty.
I got to pet 6 beautiful kittens and a slightly anxious mummy cat while visiting friends of mine in London.
10. Write a fan letter to One Direction.
Done. Read it here: http://wp.me/p2oEtS-2O
11. Fund something ridiculous but cool on Kickstarter.
Ok, so I have to admit that technically I completely forgot about this one. BUT, I did preorder a friend’s book he’s planning to self publish so that kind of counts right?
12. Find a “Victorian Female Hobby” ™ and reclaim it. Cross stitching feminist slogans is a good start!
Nope, failed at this one spectacularly.
13. Get drunk without getting a hangover. Believe me, it’s going to be the last time.
I don’t ever drink enough to really claim that I did this to be honest.
14. Sleep underneath the stars.
I’m claiming dancing under the stars and then sleeping between 5.30am and 10am for this one.
15. Write a poem.
I started to write one, inspired by the current discussion about Syrian refugees. I don’t think it’s ready for public consumption yet but maybe I’ll share what I did with you some time.
16. Kiss a stranger without any foreplay.
Nope. Didn’t manage this one either.
17. Stagediving. Go for it.
Or this one Oops.
18. Get up early and watch a sunrise somewhere beautiful
I got up early and saw the sunrise on my journey to the airport on my 30th birthday. Not really somewhere beautiful but still pretty amazing.
19. Go to the top of a mountain and sit there contemplating the world.
Again, didn’t make it up a mountain but contemplated the world while several thousand feet in the air travelling across Europe. Can we say that counts??
20. Go to a music festivalTICK – MS Dockville in Hamburg
21. Watch a meteor showerTICK – Watched the Perseid from my balcony
22. See Wicked in the West End
TICK – this was a last minute whim added to my list when deciding what I could do with the rest of my stay in London to see Hamlet